Braces are usually recommended by Dentists to enhance your facial appearance or if you experience discomfort while smiling due to structural issues. Aesthetics is one side of the story but on the flip side, if you leave orthodontic problems unaddressed, it can lead to several oral health problems. Here are 7 signs to look for if your teeth need dental braces.
7 Signs that indicate the need for Dental Braces
- Overcrowded or Crooked Teeth – Examine your teeth and check for teeth that overlap the adjacent teeth. Simultaneously also check for significant protrusion of teeth and teeth that look like they’re sitting sideways.
- Overbite – When you bite down your teeth the upper and lower teeth’s should either fit or the upper teeth line should be slightly in the front. An overbite occurs when you bite down and your upper teeth extend past your lower teeth by more than the permissible limit. It is common for many people to have a slight overbite. But serious overbite issues require orthodontic correction.
- Underbite – A similar case which is known as underbite or edge to edge bite is when you bite down your teeth and the lower front teeth touch edge to edge rather than overlapping by 2mm.
- Crossbite – In this condition, your teeth are misaligned side to side rather than front and back.
- Open bite – An Open bite is another form of malocclusion where the teeth aren’t aligned properly when the jaws are closed. An open bite can occur as a result of thumb/pacifier sucking, tongue thrusting or Temporomandibular Joint disorder (TMD).
- Diastema – Overcrowding of teeth isn’t the only problem that causes difficulty in the bite. Large gaps between your teeth, a condition called Diastema, can also impair the functioning of your bite and jaw. Midline Diastema in one of the common forms of a gap between two front teeth seen in people.
- Frequent Jaw Pain – Misaligned jaws can cause unevenly distributed tensions in the Temporomandibular joints (TMJ). This can cause soreness and frequent pain in that particular area. You may need braces to properly align your jaw and correct your bite.
Should you have any one of the above mentioned oral issues or signs, consult your orthodontist today and learn how you can correct them. Sometimes, the solution might be simple of just wearing dental braces. But sometimes, it might require other treatments along with wearing dental braces.
Find out from our orthodontic specialist at Denta Kings if you have any of the above-mentioned signs and get a comprehensive dental treatment plan. You can call at +91-9994009656 and fix an appointment.