The answer to this is a resounding yes. You can get dental implants in just a single day. Traditionally, fixing dental implants is a two-step process where the post made of titanium alloy which is screwed into the jawbone is allowed to integrate with the bone and heal. Then comes the process of placing the abutment and then the crown on top of it. This entire process takes a few months. That is not the case with Same Day dental implants or Single visit dental implants.
What are the procedures to be followed before getting the Same Day dental implants or Single-visit Dental Implants?
Though we call it Same Day Dental Implants, the placing of the dental implant only takes a single day. But the preparation of the oral area and planning the immediate implants and immediate loading is done meticulously first.
- A planning phase is involved which is the key to the same day dental implants. If needed, CT scan of the oral area with advanced computer imaging technology is captured so that the implantologist can study carefully the anatomy of the oral area. Along with the anatomy, the dentist may also study such factors like where the nerves in the oral regions are running, the jaw bone density, etc to plan the same day dental implant precisely.
- Once the Implantologist precisely plans then the patient is called for getting the Same Day dental implants.
What are the procedures carried out on the day of Same Day dental implants or Single-visit Dental Implants?
- The Implantologist administers a local anesthesia to numb the area where the same day implant needs to be placed.
- The implantologist then proceeds to remove the decayed teeth if any in the area that needs to be replaced with the single visit dental implants.
- The dentist then cleans the socket where the teeth are removed for any infection that might be present thoroughly.
- Then the implantologist proceeds to place the same day dental implant inside the extraction site socket.
- Once this step is completed, an impression of the mouth is taken by the implantologist. This impression along with the CT scan imagery (if present) is sent to the laboratory for getting the patient’s crowns.
- After 3 days the permanent crown is fixed on the single visit dental implant.
Advantages of Same Day Dental Implants over Traditional Dental Implants
- The time factor is the biggest advantage of getting same day dental implants. While in traditional dental implants it might take months, in same day dental implants the entire procedure from the consultation stage will get over in a matter of 3 days.
- Same day dental implants do not use bone grafting technique to restore the jaw bones in most patients. This saves time and money. It also saves from the discomfort the patient undergoes.
Dr Karthikeyan on Same Day Dental Implants
Dr Karthikeyan, one of the best dental implantologist in India is of the opinion that same day dental implants or single visit dental implants are best suited for patients with jaw bone loss who cannot get bone grafting. The best dentist in Chennai is also of the opinions that since some people have less time due to their busy schedule, this type of immediate placement and immediate loading comes to their rescue. Dr Karthikeyan the who gives the best dental implants in Chennai tells us that NobelActive Dental Implants by Nobel Biocare are pioneers in single visit dental implants. Dr Karthikeyan also talks of the fact that since more demand is present among patients for same day dental implants many research are taking place around the same. The same has resulted in much advancement in the dental technology that off late the likelihood of failure is much less than earlier.